South Carolina Retirement Communities
Retirement. It’s one milestone that everyone looks forward to at some point in their life. Usually during the chaos of life when you’re shuttling back and forth to work. It’s a time to slow down and enjoy life without the stress of career and kids. So what does this laid back milestone hold for most? Trends show that many people migrate to warmer climates during this phase of life.
It’s no wonder why South Carolina is one of the most popular states for retirement. Close to the ocean, unlimited entertainment opportunities, rich historic culture and perfect climate – what’s not to love? When searching for South Carolina retirement communities, there are a few key factors to look at before making a decision. We’ve put together a list of the top five features to find in a community.
1. Socialization. Does the community offer multiple opportunities for socialization? It might not seem all that important, but if you’re someone who is used to interacting with others during work hours, you may find yourself looking for people to interact with during retirement. Many communities have clubhouses and host events that foster friendships.
2. Recreation. Staying active is important, so look for communities with plenty to offer.
3. Golf. If you’re one to enjoy hitting the links, look for communities with on-site golf course. Many of the South Carolina retirement communities are home to an 18-hole course.
4. Area Attractions. The subdued life might sound perfect, but occasionally a shopping trip, or dinner with friends might be appealing. Look for locations with quaint downtown commerce areas, and close proximity to plenty of shopping and dining options.
5. Low-Maintenance. Look for places that require minimal upkeep. Most communities will have landscaping and maintenance services that are tied into your fees. This will eliminate the need to maintain your property, and provide you with more time to enjoy retirement.
If retirement is lurking right around the corner, and you still haven’t decided where the best place for you, don’t worry. Take a discovery visit to Hilton Head Lakes and see what our community has to offer. Spend a few days with us – and you won’t want to leave!
Hilton Head Lakes is a debt free community in South Carolina, and one of the best places to retire. It’s the perfect balance between gated community and world class resort. With the addition of Realstar Builders, we’re creating homes that are built to last. Give us a call at 866-396-3230, drop us a line or just come visit us! Visit our website for more information.